Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Listening for God's Wisdom

Many members in our church have committed to reading a chapter each day from the Bible because we need to know God's wisdom for our lives (see James 3:15-17*). We need more than advice from friends, family, and counselors.  All these sources can be good and helpful, but can never replace hearing God's wisdom from His love letter to us, the Holy Bible.

I have made the commitment to spend time reading a chapter each day this year from God's word.  Today's chapter was Genesis 1.  What spoke to me from the chapter today was that God is not only the God of creation, but He also has order about the things that He does and that He creates.

When I find my life "out of order", could it be that I am neglecting the God of my creation?

Another insight on Genesis 1 from Adrian Rogers (the Adrian Rogers Legacy Bible):  "God does not lie in the realm of proof.  To try to prove God by looking through physical, material things would be like tearing apart a piano trying to find the 'Hallelujah Chorus.'  You don't prove God, and you don't disprove God.  You believe in God.   And if a man doesn't believe in God, it's because he has chosen not to believe in God."

If you are reading this blog, my prayer for you my friend is the same that is for me--that God would give me His wisdom this year on decisions I need to make.  I pray that God will guide me and that I would clearly hear what He is saying to my heart,  know exactly how He wants me to respond, and that I would promptly obey His leading.

*"This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.  For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy." James 3:15-17

To join our church on this Bible reading, listening for God's wisdom journey, http://www.fbcsev.org