Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Blessed Abundant Life

John 10. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." (John 10:10 NASB)

I have missed blogging. Late winter/Spring is a busy time for me. I am still reading a Bible chapter a day and get much from also reading my pastor's, Dan Spencer, blog. I do miss recording my own thoughts through my daily blog though.

I have lately just been blown away by the way people have given of their time and talents to serve in capacities in which I have asked them to serve. I have always thought my spiritual gift is service. I enjoy serving others. I also delight when someone uses the gift of service to serve me.

In this season of my life I feel incredibly blessed and loved by close friends and family but also by those who I barely know who have responded with their gift of service when I have expressed a need.

Today's blog may seem to have very little to do with John, chapter 10. But when I think of all the blessings in my life, I am reminded that Jesus came to bring abundant life. Satan would have me think that life is bad. Satan would lie to me that God's ways are not good and pleasant. Satan would have me follow the wicked desires of my own heart. Satan would lead me down a path in order to steal my joy and peace. Satan would lead me down a road that would kill the good things God desires to bring about in my life. Satan has set out to destroy me.

But Jesus has come to bless my life. Jesus says to me, "Pray, don't lose heart, and don't fear." Thank you, Jesus, for taking care of everything that concerns me and for the abundant, fulfilling life You give so freely.