Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love

John 15:17, "These things I command you, that you love one another."

John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Romans 12:9-10, "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another."

Jesus and the Bible have much to say about love. I find it interesting in John 13 that Jesus says he has a "new" commandment to give to his disciples and that "new" commandment ends up being "love one another". Hasn't He told them that before? Maybe they (we) don't get it, don't understand. I think as often as the command to love one another is repeated, it's pretty clear that we don't "get it."

During this Easter season, this holy week, Lord, help me to love my family in Christ with the love You give me.