Wednesday, February 20, 2013

God's Special Treasure

First a personal note.  I have always enjoyed writing, but never knew how much I would enjoy writing this blog.  I have not committed to writing a blog every day of this year, but I truly miss the 2nd reflection time on the day's scripture when I don't get to write.  Sometimes writing this blog seems a more "worthy" thing to do than say, doing the dishes or vacuuming the floors.  I am sure that is something my mind wants to believe, but is just not true.  So truth is--these writings last longer than clean dishes and clean floors.  Yay!  It's crazy to me (and somewhat scary) when you tell me you are reading my blog.   But, I thank you for your interest and curiosity.  And I hope you feel it is a "worthy" way to spend your reading time and not a waste. You know you could be doing dishes or vacuuming instead:-)

Exodus 19.  What sweet scripture!  Verses 4 & 5, "You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.  Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine."

I have seen in my life how God rescued me from my old way of life, from slavery and bondage to sin.

I have seen how He has lifted me, as if on eagles' wings, and brought me to Himself.  There is no place I'd rather be.

God calls me to obey each day what He guides and tells me to do.  He tells me to keep His covenant--keep His commands and His ways.  This is not tedious, but freeing.  I don't have to figure out life for myself.  I can trust in the One who sees the whole of my life and knows the future and what is best and good for me.

I am God's special treasure.  His princess.  This is not arrogance to say.  He is the One who has set His love upon me.  God sees me through Christ's righteousness.  I am His child, bought with the precious price of Jesus' blood.  I am His bride, the bride that He has purified and made whole.

All the earth is my God's.  He owns it all.  Yes, at times I worry that He won't give me what is His when I think I need it.  But if I am truly "His special treasure above all people," is He going to neglect taking care of me?  I think not!

Time to let you enjoy a song while I go wash the dishes!